Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Feeling Better

I am feeling better this morning. First of all, my foot feels more like it was just bruised, not broken, as I can walk on it without as much pain as the previous two days. Secondly, I am happy with the outcome of the presidential election and optimistic that the country is going to come together again. I watched the election coverage all evening, going to bed only after hearing Mr. Romney's concession speech  and Mr. Obama's victory speech. You know, whenever they went to the Romney campaign party in Boston, I was dismayed to see an audience whose faces did not reflect the faces of our country. In contrast, the faces at the Obama campaign party in Chicago did show the diversity that our country has come to be. I hope that the two houses in Congress have figured out that we need to work together to bring about change for the better. I believe President Obama when he said he will get this done. Everyone needs to continue to pray for our country, too, whether you are happy with the election or not.

1 comment: