Monday, October 29, 2012

Watching the storm from long distance.

I have been following the progress of Sandy as she moves along the east coast. My family lives in Virginia and Rhode Island, and I still have friends in VB, so I have been interested in seeing how bad it is in those places. My DSH's family in PA is getting cold wind and school has been closed early today, so even they are getting prepared for the worst storm ever. Remember the movie The Perfect Storm? I guess it is bad for anyone in the water right now. Glad I am safe at home.

When we decided to move to the Gulf Coast of Florida, a dear friend of ours would tell us horror stories about hurricanes hitting the coast. (We lived through quite a few in Virginia Beach already, but he would say how much worse the Gulf Coast storms were, ala Katrina.) Just to dissuade us from leaving him in Virginia, you know. We sent him an email a couple days ago to let him know he could evacuate from Sandy and come here. His response: guess I have to stop giving you a hard time about the weather in Florida now.

One good thing about the storm: Facebook posts have not been political and the news barely mentions the campaigns. Our weather has turned cool and breezy. It is sunny and 70 outside as I write this early afternoon. Makes it nice to do yard work, as DSH is doing. I, on the other hand am working on card making.

No comments:

Post a Comment