Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Awesomeness!

Whenever I travel through the mountains of Virginia and North Carolina, I am reminded of God's love for us in creating such beauty for our eyes. Especially today when the autumn leaves  contrast with the rolling green hills and valleys.

We are travelling south in the Great Valley of Virginia from Pennsylvania. The sky is blue and the temps are rising. I have seen only fields, farms, cows forests and mountains for the past few hours. Long before I 81 existed, even before this was a wagon road for pioneers, this was a path the Native Americans traded along. No fields and farms then, only forest. Makes me wonder if they could see the vistas I am seeing. You know there is that saying about not seeing the forest for the trees. DSH said that was true especially when he hiked through Virginia. Speaking of his hike, we have been near or crossed over the Appalachian Trail a number of times on this trip. I have been listening to the stories again, told as if the trip was completed this year. Maybe he needs to go for another walk in the woods. DSH also says what I call beautiful hills others may just see as a hill of grass. May the Lord keep me seeing the beauty in all creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment