Sunday, May 17, 2020

This is the day that the Lord has made.

Let us rejoice and be glad in it! 
Psalm 118:24


It is a beautiful Sunday today. The sun is shining the birds are singing and butterflies flit about the flowers in my yard. I can certainly rejoice. Easy to say it’s a beautiful day, rejoice. However, there Is a storm bringing excessive wind and rain off another coast, and cold air descended on parts of the country bringing unexpected snow on Mother’s Day. Thousands of people are sick, thousands have died, multiply that by the number of family members who are grieving, not able to be with the loved ones’ bedside. What about the lonely people who yearn to be able to socialize with friends and family again?  And so many without work or paychecks, who worry their businesses may never recover...should they rejoice today? YES and YES! Because we have a promise from God that all our sins are forgotten, washed clean by Jesus‘ death and resurrection, and we have a place in heaven when our time here on Earth is finished. Does that mean sadness and loneliness are not allowed? Of course not. Even Jesus wept at the tomb of his friend Lazarus. But remember the promises and rejoice. I know it is hard to do during times of trouble, and I pray that I will never forget to rejoice.

I just realized today is May 17. Tim and I met 48 years ago on this date at my sister Jo's house. He and his housemates were playing catch out in the street with my nephews. And the rest as they say is history. It has been so long I barely remember a time when Tim was not part of my life. Another reason to rejoice!

1 comment:

  1. Hi , very nice post. I keep reminding myself of all the times God says, "Don't be afraid."

    ReplyDelete