Thursday, March 26, 2020

Short fuses

Yesterday did not start well. A few minutes after waking up my husband told me he ordered some items on Amazon’s grocery delivery service because he does not want to make unnecessary trips to the store. He did this while I was still sleeping, so I did not have any input. That bothered me. Then when I looked up what he ordered, I saw 24 cups of Ramen noodle soup and 4 pounds of rice, two things I do not eat eat much and something we already have in the house. This upset me. When I questioned him about his choices he became defensive. This irritated me. He didn’t order the one thing I am hoping to not run out of, cream for my coffee. (He drinks his black.) This worried me. And of course, he was not happy with my questioning his decisions. We went to our separate corners, as the fighters would say.

I had forgotten a verse of Scripture that is good to live by:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, and slow to become angry.     James1:19

This stay-at-home routine is starting to wear on me. It has been a very slow week since we began this isolated routine. The day got better, I vented to a friend, he confessed to the same friend not knowing I had already done so, and we both looked at the silliness in it all. I will memorize that Bible verse and do my best to live it.

I would love to get comments on this blog. It helps to know I have readers and that I may be, in a small way, making your day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment