Monday, April 8, 2013

Just too nice in Florida to be stressed...

My health insurance has started a new routine of offering a fairly good discount off the yearly premium if I either stay in really good shape(low BMI, low cholesterol, low blood pressure etc), or if necessary I am willing to follow the advice of a health coach provided no charge by the company the city has partnered with. Last May, while I was in Virginia Beach, I went for the screening. This was after traveling for awhile between FL and VA, and not attending zumba for months and not watching what I was eating(except to look at it as it was going towards my  mouth to make sure I didn't miss!)...so no surprise when my BMI was too high, but somewhat surprised when my cholesterol was borderline high. So that meant starting in January, I had to hook up by phone with the "health coach" every three months.

By the time of our first phone call, I was back in zumba and  cutting way back on carbs, so I was already following a plan and losing weight. No problem she said, just fill out the online questionnaire about your health and we will talk again in April. The questions had to do with weight management and stress. Today was the day of the phone call.

Health Coach: so I see on a scale of 1-10 you have rated your stress level a 2. That's pretty low.
Me: I am retired and I live in Florida, other than a kitchen remodel going on now (hammering in background), not much to be stressed over.
HC: Wow, I can hear birds singing in the background.
Me: Yes, I am sitting on my  back porch while we chat.
HC: You're sitting outside?
Me: It is a lovely sunshiney day...like I said, no worries, I'm happy.

Easter Sunday we celebrated Jesus Christ's resurrection and we sang:
“He lives to silence all my fears; He lives to wipe away my 
tears.  He lives to calm my troubled heart; He lives all blessings to impart (CW 
152:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment