Monday, December 10, 2012

Ducks like Rain

Today was rainy, actually the rain didn't start until after dinner, but there were gray clouds hanging low and high humidity all day. Friends way up north are getting lots of snow, so I am happy to not have to deal with that. And we have not had rain for a long time, so the plants like days like today.

I was with a friend tonight in a nearby Kohls when my phone told me there was a tornado warning in the area and to take cover. Then the voice on the PA system in Kohls told everyone to leave the areas of the store near the windows and seek shelter in the middle of the store until the tornado warning passed. The rain was coming down pretty hard by then with  thunder and lightning happening outside. What were to do? My friend Darlene and I checked out the Christmas ornaments and home goods section, which was well away from the windows.

I have never been in a situation like that before...a little disarming to say the least. On the plus side, there were some great sales going on in the store, so I think I will make my way back there later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment