Sunday, October 2, 2016

Bible Journaling with art

For many months I have been reading online at numerous sites about using art in a journaling Bible. A journaling Bible is one that has 2 inch wide margins on each page to give room for note taking. I bought my Bible right away and added to my stash of pens, pencils, and markers, practiced writing in a decorative way in a notebook, and started "collecting" verses that I thought would be a place to start  because they brought images to mind.  I finally got the courage to put ink to paper. These verses were my comfort late at night when I was troubled (coming up on Jake's birthday...he has spent half his life in prison and has almost as long to go) and couldn't sleep. I found these words in Hebrews 13(v.5 and 8)and decided it was time to put ink to the page. I used stamps and sponged with distress inks. The handwriting and lettering is my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment