Saturday, December 8, 2012

Finally, I got to go to the Magic Kingdom!

 I had the greatest time at Walt Disney World last week. These are my treasures that Tim bought for me in one of the gift shops. The mug is big, holds 12 oz of coffee, I think, and has relief seagulls on the outside and inside. That scene from "Finding Nemo" is one of my favorites. The hat is one I admired on another park attendee so I was happy to find it in the last shop we looked in before leaving on our last night. I secretly wanted a Minnie hat with red polka dots, red bow, and ears sticking out, but DSH convinced me that I would never wear it outside. Truthfully, everyone I saw wearing the Minnie hat was younger than my own children, but being a kid again is what Disney World is all about, right? Thanks to my friends Toni and Shep who visited here for a few days and then invited us to come to DW at the same time they were going and to the fact that Florida residents get great deals on tickets, I was able to do something I have wanted to do since 1964: see the attraction "It's a Small World"! We also visited Hollywood Studios(loved a city of dancing lights), Epcot(amazing Christmas Concert with Andy Garcia as narrator,trip to mars, and star wars flight with C3PO) and Animal Kingdom(festival of The Lion King), but the Magic Kingdom was my favorite. Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear shooting spinning ride, the Monsters Inc. comedy show, Cinderella's Castle shimmering in lights, and the Electrical Parade...well it was magical! And just like a little kid, I did not want to leave! But we did not see it all, so I get to go back again and again.

The concert with full orchestra and  hundreds of singers from guest choruses.

Cinderella's Castle with Christmas lights-changed from white to blue to green.

Toni and me on the People Mover 

This is where we stayed, the Pop Century Resort.
We found our room by turning at the giant Play-do can sculpture in the 60s section.

No comments:

Post a Comment