Sunday, December 9, 2012

Enjoying the weather

I have a friend who is making a scrapbook of the days leading up to Christmas. It is called the December Daily album (and you can read about someone who has done one for years here). I have always been interested in scrapbooking, but have not really actually completed many... ok, I have only completed  2 mini albums. So I was thinking maybe I could do that, put my thoughts down daily or weekly about my life, with an occasional picture included. Then it dawned on me that the purpose of this blog was to do just that, with the focus on the fact that every day is a gift and I should be looking for those parts that make me say, "Thank you, God." As a bonus, the blog is stored on the Internet instead of on my shelf, gathering dust and  taking up precious space.

So here is what made me happy today. (sounds like Pop Culture Happy Hour, one of my favorite NPR shows.) I needed to get a few items at the store and I was able to take my golf cart there. It was a beautiful warm day and I did not need a jacket or to put my sides down on the cart. I was glad that I did not need to use gas or add exhaust to the atmosphere.

Another thing that made me smile was the fact that I have a Dollar Tree and a Dollar General right next to each other. How cool is that? So I was able to shop for some stocking stuffers and craft items as well as ingredients for the cookies I need to make this week without spending very much money.

Our little golf cart.
This picture was taken last year when we were new to Florida and kept the sides down most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment