Saturday, November 3, 2012

Counting Blessings

This is the month when we are reminded to count our blessings and my friends are definitely on that list. First of all, the fact that I have so many, as well as the ability to make new friends, is a blessing that I do not take for granted. There are a few who I am especially grateful to call friends.

Julie and Diane are two of my of my long time friends who have remained close in spite of the miles that separate us. Our faith in Christ brought us together many years ago. Then having children the same age, boys especially, I think was the glue that held us together. They have been there for me during the good times and bad, loving me and my kids no matter what. They shine the light of Christ's love in the way they live. They make me want to be a better person, too.

Beth is my best bud that I left back in Virginia. Again, our faith brought us together, having met at church when she joined my tone chimes group. Her daughter and my #4 son are the same age. She helped fill that  spot in my heart when Diane and Julie were no longer nearby. Our love for pop culture, movies and TV shows has been the glue that held us together. I laugh often when I am with her although others may not get what we find funny. We stay connected through texting and Words with Friends. I have my Kindle Fire and Justified addiction because of Beth. Beth is a few years younger than me, but I hope she will consider moving to FL when she is old enough to move into my community. I miss her company, especially when movies come out that I want to see with her.

I have made new friends here. I hope that I can be a blessing in their lives as much as Julie, Diane, and Beth have been in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment