Saturday, October 13, 2012

You're nobody till you love your body...

I am trying to lose weight. Actually I have been trying ever since high school. Of course, now, my high school weight is lower than my current goal weight (you know where I want to be). I was heavier than my friends in school, so I had to lose weight. I finally did lose when I had a viral infection that lasted more than a week. Funny thing about body image...there are very few times in my adult life when I felt like I was thin enough to be considered attractive. I look back at pictures of me taken even after having a couple of babies and think, "Wow, you look so skinny!"  DSH always said I looked good, too. Why didn't I ever feel that way?
I have tried many diets.  They all worked for awhile. I have probably lost and gained a whole 'nother person over the years.
The diet that was easiest to live with was weight watchers. I lost 70 pounds with the program about 4 years ago.  But over time, I got to thinking I can do this on my own...and half that weight crept back on. So, I tried weight watchers again, but I just couldn't lose this time.
Two weeks ago I started back on the new atkins plan, and have lost about 10 pounds so far. Come back for updates. I promise I won't  spend all my time writing about food, but it helps me to use my fingers here instead of at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment