Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welcome to my world!

I have been living in sunny Florida (ever notice how sunny always seems to precede Florida?) for about a year now and I still wonder when the vacation is going to end! Isn't that a great way to feel every day? I guess I am still getting used to being retired. DSH has been doing this for over 5 years, so he seems used to it, but  I am not. Occasionally, I dream I am back in the classroom...waking up with that feeling of dread that I haven't done something like lesson prepping or paper grading, but then realizing it is just a dream, I smile, stretch and roll out of bed to start a new day.

It is only a few weeks until the election and I must say I was enjoying the politics for awhile, but have recently gotten tired of all the rhetoric. I am especially weary of how hateful some of it has gotten. The negativity was getting me down. That is why I am challenging myself on this blog to keep looking on the positive side.

In our Bible class at Risen Savior Lutheran Church, we have been reading Ecclesiastes. That is where I read the above reminder that every day is a gift from God. A gift, a present, just for me, one for each of us, from God-WOW!

I love presents, especially the ones that come from someone just because he or she loves me. I know sometimes the gift isn't something I wanted or needed, but I try to treasure it for awhile because maybe it will be something I  need later, or something I can use to brighten up someone's day at a time they need it. Are you getting the metaphor?

So, thank you for reading this and please, come back to read more. Let me know what your thoughts are as well and we can get a dialogue of sorts going.


No comments:

Post a Comment